Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How do you shorten Mongrel?? - Page 2

Lets try some of these in context

"I have a Mong WD"

"Let me get my grels"

"Blow up the damn dogs!"

"I don't use mutts!"

I can accept Dog and Mutt as nick names and they just flow better than others.

But in the end...whatever bliz does...I assume they have a reason.|||As most shortenings in d2 were 3 or 4 letters, i say mng or mngs.|||Lets compare it to the current summonable, "skelly". Mongrel is just one character longer.|||Dog sounds real good actually.

And mngrl is a valid option aswell.|||I can't see it ending up being anything other than dogs, to be honest.

And a WD who specializes in Mongrels will end up being called a Dog Whisperer. It just fits too perfectly to not happen.

The exception to this that I could see would be people who for whatever reason not liking Mongrels ("I don't use mutts!"). I think that "mutts" could be a viable derisive slang term used by the dog-haters.|||Quote:








...

And a WD who specializes in Mongrels will end up being called a Dog Whisperer. It just fits too perfectly to not happen....




really ? I thought it would be a vet. As in veterinarian. I'm a poison vet, a melee vet or whatever.|||Quote:








I can't see it ending up being anything other than dogs, to be honest.

And a WD who specializes in Mongrels will end up being called a Dog Whisperer. It just fits too perfectly to not happen.

The exception to this that I could see would be people who for whatever reason not liking Mongrels ("I don't use mutts!"). I think that "mutts" could be a viable derisive slang term used by the dog-haters.




Well, all of these would be "slang terms" as all of them are not the true name but part of a commonly accepted and understood name within a community.

Mutt as a derogatory name would be likely if dog becomes the common term. Personally I would use Mutts even if I liked them (as a name of affection). When it comes down to it...what we will call Mongrels/Zombie Dogs...we won't know...especially if we try to craft an artifical nickname while we wait. Best to let it happen naturally.

Though, until Bliz gives us somethign new to talk about...and confirms the name...we will continue to speculate.|||It'll be "dogs", or "pups/puppies", I bet No reason at all it has to be a shortening of the official name. And as has been pointed out, shortness is not always the only factor; "paladin" winds up as "pally" not "pal", usually, for instance.|||I don't think I ever shortened any of the skill names. Unless I couldn't remember their name then I just called them what they looked like or what they did. I like to use the health spirit, mana plant, and the mini tornado and baby tornadoes with my druids.

Dog will probably be the mongrel shorthand.|||Quote:








really ? I thought it would be a vet. As in veterinarian. I'm a poison vet, a melee vet or whatever.






Vet is awesome, but too general.

I like Dogsitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment