Thursday, April 19, 2012

BlizzCon WD Skills

The DIII.net team have sent back some word on the new WD skills as uyou can read in this article. I thought that it would be a good idea to collect all specifics about the new WD skills in a single thread.





Corpse Spider

Summons a huge white spider that stalks around the screen leaping onto enemies and poisons them with repeated bites. A maximum amount of 2-3 spiders can be present at a time. The spider is summoned by a humanoid zombie who burrows halfway up the ground and vomits it up. An alternative animation is the spider bursting through the chest of the zombie alien-style.



Summon Fetish

Summons a Flayer. No specifics know at this time.



Summon Gargantuan

Summons a large, mutated, hideous demon type. No specifics known at this time.



Zombie Charger

Summons a small aggressive zombie. No specifics known at this time.



Parasitep

Summons a swarm of insects that infect or infest enemies, turning them into allies who will fight for the Witch Doctor. Whether the affected enemies are permanently under the WD's control or a temporary ally is unknown. Most likely Big Bosses and Special Enemies aren't affected, just like the necromancer's AI Curses.



Last Resort Invulnerability

While the true name of this skill is unknown this name covers the effect pretty well. This tier 5 skill grants the WD 5 seconds of invulnerability if his life drops below 10% of the total. Whether this effect is automatic or if the duration can be increased by spending points in the skill is unknown.



Ghost Mode

Another skill without a proper name. This skill allows the WD to enter a Ghost Mode and become intangible for 3 seconds. Whether this allows him to float over chasms, if the duration can be increased by spending points in the skill or if he takes damage during its use is unknown.|||I must say that I enjoy the various summons. While I dislike the fact that we can't have huge armies anymore, I like the minion theme that all his skills seem to have. Of course I am thrilled that we seem to be getting the Flayers as minions. Miniature cannibals are very WD related and several of us have expressed in interest in controlling them. hopefully other skills allow us to put this little lunatics to good use.

The focus on the darker side of things is a pleasant surprise. This offsets the goofiness in the character nicely. The erupting zombie as a way to deliver the spider is something I particularly like. Hopefully more of the WD's skills will follow this theme.|||Thanks Mantis.

These skills sounds amazing (I can't wait for some visuals) but a bit unoriginal.

Fetish are expectable but very welcome addition (:

My main concern is that it seems that we're getting a rather small army. Not in quantity, but in size.

Mongrels, frogs, Fetish- These are pretty.. tiny.

P.S- Frogs are still easily the ugliest skill in D3. I must say, I really hope the WD's, which was already graphicly handicapped in the last Blizzcon, graphics will improve. But they still look very bad, especially compared to the Barb and Wiz.|||Thanks a lot for the info, Mantis.

I just can't wait to see the snake related skill, as Blizzard said before in interviews (I'm not sure if was Jay Wilson or another guy or the staff).



Could be a skill like the druids Firestorm, with better visually of course. Perhaps poison damage.



Thx and sorry for the offtopic. I can't wait to play a WD.|||Quote:








I dislike the fact that we can't have huge armies anymore




I actually think that this is a good thing, as it really helps to differentiate the WD from the Necro, where there are some similarities.

As you pointed out, the 'minion' theme is very cool in that the spells are like creatures, but aren't, really.

These skills were shown the the fansites when they were invited over to Blizz HQ, but what of news of the WD's skills in the BlizzCon build? Or does the BlizzCon build not include the fuller, more 'fleshed-out' version of the WD's skill trees?

Looking forward to hearing what the other skills which my still-favourite D3 class has :].|||Quote:








The DIII.net team have sent back some word on the new WD skills as uyou can read in this article. I thought that it would be a good idea to collect all specifics about the new WD skills in a single thread.




Good idea.

I'm wondering why many people dislike the fact that we can't have huge armies anymore. I think it's a good idea too, not because it differentiate the Witch Doctor from the Necromancer, but because we can have potentially less lag and more useful summons (at least this's what i think when i read the descriptions).

I like my army when i play my Fishymancer, but i think a small efficient army it's more useful and, because of this, more funny than a large one.|||Summon fetish, though not much info...

I can tell I'm already going to like it



PS, I Knew there would be some kind of mind control!!|||Quote:








Or does the BlizzCon build not include the fuller, more 'fleshed-out' version of the WD's skill trees?




No idea. From what I have seen in the trailers for the monk they are still using the old skills. I'm hoping that the BlizzCon Team will give us some more information.




Quote:








I'm wondering why many people dislike the fact that we can't have huge armies anymore. I think it's a good idea too, not because it differentiate the Witch Doctor from the Necromancer, but because we can have potentially less lag and more useful summons (at least this's what i think when i read the descriptions).




Can't speak for everybody, but I liked the fishymancer build. There was something cool about being a general and the playstyle that came with it. This seems to have been lost. More useful summons is nice, but a small army plays very differently than a large army.|||Hi!

If there aren't more skills would be nice to see the talent trees as there are bound to be some passives also. Would be nice to know what crits do for WD for example.|||I've just seen the full panel, and I must ask-

Why the HELL are the Corpse Spider's spiders so small? This looks like the coolest skills ever but I don't want some puny spiders coming out of the Zombie- I want a big *** Fallen size that will jump and suck enemies' faces!

Why is everything about the WD has to be so small?

Don't Blizz know that small= not impressive?

No comments:

Post a Comment