Saturday, April 21, 2012

i want a witch doctor zombie army.

like the skellys but zombies. think zombie wall but not.

also the option insead of having 10 or so roaming by me i can make them morph into one large one. so then me and them-him can duel from town and win like the bear duelers and i do with my valk.

i know some people hate town duelers but i have a few of them i enjoy. theyre still a build and take time to make. 8)|||I totally want a legion of undeath. Zombies, spiders, restless voodoo spirits, you name it I want to summon it.|||I'm down. I'll be happy with the WD either way, but it would be nice to have the ability to summon independent, mobile zombies. Personally, I'm just not that impressed with the zombie wall. But it is an inventive spell, I'll give Blizzard that.

While interesting and cool, I don't consider the fire bats or plague toads as summons, more like projectiles. I do think the mongrels are kinda cool, though (and I like the idea of being able to imbue them with disease or fire). Some on this forum speculate that we haven't seen all of his summons, but the WD's skill tree already seems pretty big, so I'd be surprised if Blizzard added any more spells or summons to it.|||Quote:








I'm down. I'll be happy with the WD either way, but it would be nice to have the ability to summon independent, mobile zombies. Personally, I'm just not that impressed with the zombie wall. But it is an inventive spell, I'll give Blizzard that.

While interesting and cool, I don't consider the fire bats or plague toads as summons, more like projectiles. I do think the mongrels are kinda cool, though (and I like the idea of being able to imbue them with disease or fire). Some on this forum speculate that we haven't seen all of his summons, but the WD's skill tree already seems pretty big, so I'd be surprised if Blizzard added any more spells or summons to it.




I don't really see the WD getting independent zombies, since that goes against the idea of the WD being different from the Necro, and not having his summons be the primary damage dealers. But I do have an idea that I think would be pretty nifty: Maybe one of the runes + zombie wall = the wall separating and the zombies going off for a little carnage, though they'd be weak.

As for the Doctor not having room for more summons, well, mongrels don't fill the role entirely, and, well, the WD only has 11 known skills right now, so there is plenty of room for anything. I really hope he gets something fancy, though.|||Quote:








As for the Doctor not having room for more summons, well, mongrels don't fill the role entirely, and, well, the WD only has 11 known skills right now, so there is plenty of room for anything. I really hope he gets something fancy, though.




You're right, for some reason I was thinking he already had huge skill trees like the Wiz and Barb, but I guess not. Well, that's even better! Now I'm more excited to see what other spells and skills he gets! They could really pull some cool stuff out.|||You may have noticed the thread "Let's help Blizzard brainstorm some new Witch Doctor Spells" in the Witch Doctor section. I contributed quite a few.

You have to remember that Blizz's direction for the WD is that his summons are impermanent. Easy come easy go. That's why dispatch does a lot more damage than the mongrel's bite. They don't want his pets doing a lot of the damage. More like weapons than companions.|||yah the spider thing is cool 2. i liked that 1 a lot. i was playing the other night and was fighting those cursed corpses across from the viper temple and thought they would be great for the WD. they can be imbued with pestilence like those are and they gain attack rating per skill level etc and pop out of the ground will a cool animation when summoned.

allowed max 6 zombies due to lag issues and theyre strenths.

im a big minion "to fight by youre side" player. i was really hoping for something like a true druid or element shifter and he can summon a tree friendly to fight and help out the questing party.

or be able to turn into a stone creature or something along those lines. maybe have a wind skill to decrease damage done to self like fade.

maybe alcor the act 2 hermit boozer will return to the game and he can turn into a clawviper. 0v0|||Quote:










im a big minion "to fight by youre side" player. i was really hoping for something like a true druid or element shifter and he can summon a tree friendly to fight and help out the questing party.




I hear ya there, I really do love just plain old minions, but the WD just isn't our guy. However, he will still probably get something more, and I do love my spider idea |||wait....arent zombie slow? O_o

so far i like the WD...but i wont build him for summon as is summon are just there...to be there basicly...i really wish they would had a summoner like the necro that actually deal dmg instead of only distracting monsters

and meh...im not a big fan of insect and animal summon either...id really rather have a real summoner class then put more stuff in the summon of the WD....i want to see more spell on him like locus and is fear...not original but still fun...thinking about it he as no original spell LOL O_o|||Quote:








i want to see more spell on him like locus and is fear...not original but still fun...thinking about it he as no original spell LOL O_o




There is no such thing as a purely original spell, there have been too many games to be original. But the Witch Doctor has the feel of being original . . . 'cause he's a Witch Doctor, which we have never seen in a Diablo game, at least (hell, not even in most fantasy games).

One thing I would almost call original is the Plague of Toads (Sooo maxing that on my first char . . .).

No comments:

Post a Comment