Thursday, April 19, 2012

Voodoo Mask Question!

Now.. about the Voodoo Mask that the Witch Doctor wears. I'm guessing that it's one of four things:

A) Witch Doctor-only headpiece that has its own inventory slot in addition to the helm slot, taking visual precedence over any helm the WD wears.

B) Special "Voodoo Mask" type of headpiece that takes up the helm slot in the inventory, and can be removed or replaced in lieu of any other more traditional helmet/circlet/head-piece.

C) An unchanging part of the WD's avatar itself that takes visual precedence over any helm the WD wears.

D) A part of the WD's avatar that changes visually based on what helm is worn at the time.



I'm throwing my chips in on option D, but I was wondering if anyone had any information about this? I'm certainly interested..|||How about the only helm wearable by the witch doctor character?|||Why is it so hard too believe that there is more then one helm for the WD?|||Quote:








Why is it so hard too believe that there is more then one helm for the WD?




I think everything will be class specific so the WD will only be able to wear voodoo mask variations that will do different things. I think it will be the same for all other classes. Why would a mage done done huge steel mittens (frostburns) to cast spells? Why would an archer wear heavy armor and a huge helm?|||I don't think the WD has to wear a mask at all as shown in the character section within Blizzard's D3 site|||I'd hate to see everything split up into class-specific items. Hellgate tried that and it essentially limits you to 1/3rd of the items that drop in the game world.

I guess I assumed that the witch doctor would ALWAYS have a mask of sorts shown in the avatar, which led me to the questions I had.|||Didn't the speaker in the gameplay video say that all items would look different on different characters? Which is implying that not all items will be class specific|||I hate that items look different based on which class equips them. It makes all the classes look virtually the same.|||Quote:








I hate that items look different based on which class equips them. It makes all the classes look virtually the same.




It's already like this in Diablo II. Plate mail looks totally different on every single class. A plate druid, barbarian and paladin all look COMPLETELY different.|||Quote:








I hate that items look different based on which class equips them. It makes all the classes look virtually the same.




Your statement doesn't make any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment