Thursday, April 19, 2012

Witch Doctor's Pets - Page 2

Don't forget that summon mongrel is an active skill which means we can insert runes to it. Who knows what cool and different summons we can get this way beside the basic mongrel.

Also the basic mongrel is not so basic, it gets a different effect for each damage spell you cast near it. The problem I had with it was that I wanted to keep X spell enchantment on it (say FireBomb) but it changed when I cast a Y spell. Although that is a very simple thing to fix, just make an option for that in the menu or UI.|||Combining spells and runes with mongrels should make for an awful lot of permutations. This could be fun.|||Maybe we could have legions of doom, reminicent of the Necro, by placing high-level multistrike runes in the WD's summon skills?|||Quote:








Maybe we could have legions of doom, reminicent of the Necro, by placing high-level multistrike runes in the WD's summon skills?




Ya know, I never even pondered the possibilities of runes with the WD's summons. Maybe lethality or power runes will give them even more vicious explosions. Sounds pretty neat.|||I don't need mob (like 30 skelly + plus 30 revives) to enjoy my summoner, 10 powerful and cool looking summon would be enough for me, but mongrels and cool don't work together for me ><.|||Quote:








I don't need mob (like 30 skelly + plus 30 revives) to enjoy my summoner, 10 powerful and cool looking summon would be enough for me, but mongrels and cool don't work together for me ><.




10 would still be too many IMO, under 10 would be better.

And you don't have to worry about that, because WD will not be a pure summoner class like the necromancer.

I doubt mongrels are the WD's main summons, they're kinda of like the basic ones which helps one to go through the start of the game. I bet the main one's will be pretty nasty

At least we know no more summon skellies()|||Quote:








Jay Wilson had this to say about the Witch Doctor on the 1Up interview:

"For the Witch Doctor, we wanted to create a class whose pets were not his primary source of damage output."

I respect that, since Blizzard doesn't just want a replacement for the Necromancer, and there isn't anything wrong with dishin' out your own pain, but I might tear up a little (just a little) if I don't have an army to do my bidding.

Methinks that the Necro will come back in an expansion (hopefully) which will once and for all fill in the summoner role, but hey, we could always use two summoners . . .




While you are right in that the "true pet class" slot is not taken, and a Necro, or a modified Necro might appear, they have said "No Necro with release". An expansion Necro perhaps?

It would be interesting to see how they would do with pets then, to truly make it the DPS output, while still making the gameplay with other classes smooth and not blocking out the screen...|||I think a pure summoner is out for now and the Witch Doctor is all we're going to get. If however the necro did return, many people would want what they had in D2, different builds. He was well built, just a bit underpowered.|||When you think abotu the WD class does not need pets at all to be successful unlike the necromancer in the previous Diablo games. They both seem to be opposites to me.|||Well i think that the witch doctor will be super versatile. Seeing as he summons and Has damaging spells he will be a complex character. Not to mention his abilities that are similar to the necromancer's curses in D2.

No comments:

Post a Comment