Thursday, April 19, 2012

Why do people think of WD as a firemage?

Seriously, they have given us a grenadelike weapon that creates a large flame effect and a spell summoning burning bats, that's about it. But somehow most people seems to think of the fire spells as a WD domain.

My impression is that the few fire skills the Witch Doctor has been given has nothing to do with controling the element of fire.

Well, that's about what I had to say... I was just getting tired of seeing every other thread claiming things like "none of the unrevealed classes will use fire because the WD is the fire char" or "the witchdoctor seems to be mostly a fire char with some curses and summons on the side" or something else along those lines expecting witch doctors to have another tree of fireballs and instant incineration.

I am not making sense, I know... but I just had to say it |||The WD's primary damage types for his spells appear to be fire and poison, but I haven't seen anyone claim he is a firemage until now. At least not a large majority.|||Well the Wizard has like one fire spell (hydra), and it's not Diablo without a load of fire damage, so maybe the WD is indeed the firestarter. It would be hard make it all up to the archer class to be the fire expert. Same with holyman class, if those are in d3.|||just as long as the witch doctor can keep up with the DPS of the other classes ill be fine.

because the necro didnt really keep up =\ summons climbed and then just leveled off and eventually declined in the later difficulty levels of d2. and the bone spells couldnt really kill the higher level monsters in 1-2 hits.

oh and back to the actual subject. making 1 char a 1 element character is never the way to go cause eventually ull come across someone immune to that element and ull have to find people to play with just to get past it. so dont just say the WD is only fire.

blizzard wont make the WD a "1 trick pony"|||I figured it worked like the Sin's FireBlast. I'm not sure on whether or not any class is taking up the elemental role, but WD seems ... well I'd rather see more to make any kind of guess.|||He struck me more as a vodoo/spirit/physical caster...|||From what I read not even Blizz know where they want to take the WD. He could very well be the Fire Mage.|||If he is the Fire Mage, I want his high tier fire skill to be Diablo 1's Apocalypse.|||I think he's the fire mage. Considering that as early as the first gameplay video, he is described as a "master of disease and fire."

As I've mentioned earlier, the Witch Doctor borrows heavily from the WoW Warlock, which is also a summoner with mind control spells that deals poison and fire direct damage spells.|||I imagine the WD will be barely more of a firemage than D2's druid was an water/ice/coldmage. Still don't understand why WD is constantly compared to necro over druid...

No comments:

Post a Comment