Thursday, April 19, 2012

Voodoo Mask Question! - Page 2

Quote:








It's already like this in Diablo II. Plate mail looks totally different on every single class. A plate druid, barbarian and paladin all look COMPLETELY different.




Except everyone wears ds/ap nigma.

:/|||Quote:








B) Special "Voodoo Mask" type of headpiece that takes up the helm slot in the inventory, and can be removed or replaced in lieu of any other more traditional helmet/circlet/head-piece.




My money is on this. I can see Blizz getting class specific items back in the game and the Voodoo Mask is just begging to be the WD's class specific item.|||Quote:








I'd hate to see everything split up into class-specific items. Hellgate tried that and it essentially limits you to 1/3rd of the items that drop in the game world.

I guess I assumed that the witch doctor would ALWAYS have a mask of sorts shown in the avatar, which led me to the questions I had.




the death of all bad mmmorpg's is class specific. More and more items that are class only, the more dumbed down the whole game becomes.

the 2nd death is locked in gear that isnt tradable.

the 3rd is one that tries to forget original players from regular 1 and 2 series and thinks that the "kiddie" crowd of ps2/3 and xbox are going to be the major focus for a complex, adult oriented, computer only game.

yet, that is how most designers think.

Look at Fallout3. It is NOT the sequel. It is some bethesda crap that negates 100% of followers of fallout 1 and 2 to sell it on "consoles". I expect no better from blizzard even though its only a pc game!

Look at bill roper's hellgate team. Wow. that game sucks. Poorly written storylines, dull quests that make no sense, and a monthly fee. What more could you want!|||Glad this is no MMORPG, this is Diablo and it will rock! No doubt about that.|||Quote:




Look at Fallout3. It is NOT the sequel. It is some bethesda crap that negates 100% of followers of fallout 1 and 2 to sell it on "consoles". I expect no better from blizzard even though its only a pc game!




Truly? only a pc game?!

About the mask, in diablo II when you put in your character some boots and no armor there wasn't any change, so I don't see why it should be any now. The most probable thing is that he or she will look diferent when using different ranks of armor.|||Here are two screenshots of the WD, with a helm that is not a Voodoo mask. So I'm guessing the option that says any helm donned by the WD will turn into a Voodoo mask graphic is incorrect.





|||Who else loves plague of toads??? ^^^

I love the Voodoo masks, but I don't want them on all the time, 'cause that would make me love them slightly less . . . Maybe he'll have a lot of skull-like helms, that would be pretty nifty.|||W00t! I can't wait. I always digged the Barb and Druid helms. I hope they re-do the class-specific full sets (IK, Tal's, Gris) again in D3, since those were actually pretty good as a whole if you were a beast like me and played no RW on SP.|||I really liked the idea of sets, but they were just too much work to complete. Some were damn near impossible without trading heavily.

As for the helmets, I can't wait to see some comically oversized headdresses. This is one area where Blizz's WoW-style size items would be appropriate.|||Quote:








Truly? only a pc game?!

About the mask, in diablo II when you put in your character some boots and no armor there wasn't any change, so I don't see why it should be any now. The most probable thing is that he or she will look diferent when using different ranks of armor.




... because they did it that way in the gameplay vid

... because it's easier to do more item/equip modeling in 3d

... because it's cool

Every piece of equip (other than jewelry) seems to affect your appearance in DIII.

No comments:

Post a Comment