Saturday, April 21, 2012

D1 Elemental -- Cool WD Spell

I don't know if anyone remembers the elemental spell from the original Diablo game, but I think it would be not only really cool, but also really fitting as a Witch Doctor spell in Diablo III...

Anyone else remember it?|||Mind explaining what the elemental spell did, for those of us who haven't played D1?|||It summoned a fire elemental which sought out a nearby foe and then exploded on contact.|||Quote:








I don't know if anyone remembers the elemental spell from the original Diablo game, but I think it would be not only really cool, but also really fitting as a Witch Doctor spell in Diablo III...

Anyone else remember it?




Could be interesting. I rather see something more impish if he get something like this. Like the little fire fairies you see in D2 intro. But that would be too much like a fire version of Toads :-/|||It wasn't a big lumbering thing like the fire golem in Diablo II, but rather a man-sized elemental -- I bring it up because I thought of it when I saw the evanescent apparition when the Firebomb spell exploded on impact.

It would be a really cool addition.|||It looked soooooo awesome. Just a guy running fast as hell into an enemy. I'd love to see some version of it back.|||Quote:








It looked soooooo awesome. Just a guy running fast as hell into an enemy. I'd love to see some version of it back.




I agree. It fits in well with the theme of the Witch Doctor conjuring and controling creatures and spirits. Manifesting a full spirit of flame that chases monsters around the screen is very appealing!

It would fit in well with Fire Bats, Fire Bomb, and even the poisonous frogs he can manipulate.

I was quite a fan of the Druid and Necromancer in Diablo II, but I actually (so far) like the Witch Doctor more... much more.|||I remember it too. Could be a spectacular spell if they make it a high level one with the new visual effects.|||Fond memories of my FFVI Sabin-based Warrior (Fire Dance FTW)

Personally, I'd love it if it went like Valmy says: lvl 20 flaming Seigebreaker? Ok, that's a little insane, but flaming Unburieds running headlong into a pack of goatmen would look sick. I can smell the singed hair already!|||It would be nifty if instead of a guy made out of fire jogging into a pack of enemies, it was a psycho running around flailing his arms and screaming 'cause he's on fire. Maybe give it a property similar to 'Rabies' from the Druid, where once he runs into an enemy, that enemy catches on fire and begins to spread to other enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment