Saturday, April 21, 2012

Why was necro "nerfed"?

Im sorry to have to ask this but... whay does everyone say that the necro in d2 was nerfed? I liked him very much and he was quite powerfull. Im basing this question on my impression that "nerfed" is something negative, what does it mean by the way?|||Nerfing is when they lessen the power or effectiveness of something for balancing reasons. For example, the sorc's meteor was nerfed such that a casting delay was implemented because it was too overpowered and Blizzard wanted us to try other builds. Numerous zon skills were nerfed to prevent similar probelms of certain builds totally taking over.

I'm not sure about the exact history of the necro. I know at the beginning he was perhaps the weakest of the chrs because his skellies fell apart so easily. If anything, Blizzard immensly boosted his killing power such that now you can play in hell mode with skellies killing stuff for you.



Diablo 2 had many many problems with it's initial design which froced Blizzard to have to make changes like nerfing. Of course, this created more probelms. Perhpas they did not anticipate how many tens of thousands of players would be obsessing over the game and learning ways to exploit everything. Same case with d1. Surely, Blizzard has finally learned that many thousands of players are going to critically exampine every last feature of d3 so they must get it right on it's release.|||Yea the original summoner was weak, so they reduced the amount of skeletons but increased their dmg, hp, etc.

About nerfing, there was a glitch that necros constantly used. The Marrowwalk gives lvl 33 Bone Prison charges, and when Necros used them, as long as they didn't put any points into Bone Prison, they had a level 33 Bone Prison which acted as a synergy, with 20 extra skill points, they could put it in other synergies, like Teeth, and they did a buttload of damage.

Guided Arrow Zons were the same. Old Guided Arrow + Pierce just shot through someone in pvp and turned right around and hit over and over and over again.|||There have been a lot of patches that reduced the effectiveness of the Necro. Back when they removed scaling for CE for example. In patch 1.09 the BG + IM build was one of the few that was really viable. Necro's were considered curse *****es.

For some reason Blizz takes every opportunity to squash powerful skills of the Necro, yet leaves other classes unbalanced. Although they have been kind in patch 1.10.

I'm moving this to the Necro forum since it has little to do with the WD.|||- Lets say like all in all in the simplest language; Necro is 'nerfed' for 20% and 'strenghtened' for 80%. And all in all he is NOT nerfed but rather strenghtened, as you can see my very improvised formula Here we can take the preferances in count also....



- And as everybody can easyly notice some chars beeing obviously stronger than the others thus ower/under-powered in relations, the same could also notice that^ beeing made purpousely. From few reasons where one is that: from the thousands and thousand of different people, hundreds and hundreds different 'tastes' are coming; where one would need to have ''the strongest'' and ''the best'' character in the game in order to keep beeing interested and play the game, other one would very easyly get bored without any 'challenge' and sweat, and would like it much more and rather have fun with some 'weak' class and struggle his way throught the game...

- So you have the possibility to choose plenty of different variations from 'hard-go' to 'easy-pass' as you like and see fit. And i wouldn't say that hard-go nor easy-pass is better than the other; they are both better AND the best but only if you have fun really, as that is the main intension. |||ya the ik set was sweet back in the day. then the maul was nerfed and the barbs hit points seem to be less efficent. 8(

try a windmaul with ww and then try the ik maul with ww. it has a really spongey bite and feel to it. also maiden and thorns were degraded.

i liked the thorn builds when they did function.|||The term "nerf" comes from Nerf guns. You know, the toys that shoot foam projectiles?

A nerf gun is a weak gun... it was designed that way and it's less dangerous than a standard gun.

Put that into gaming concepts and you got a character class, weapon or ability that was purposely changed to be less effective, less dangerous.

"The necro was nerfed"; "The combination of IronMaiden and the Blood Golem is less effective than it used to be."|||I liked the old necro more.. he didn't have much power in bone spells in PVM but they were good in PVP. His skellies were weak but blood golem and revives was a good option. Iron Maiden was the main curse to get you the first kills and after you changed to AMP or LR and used CE.

Poison stuff is improved also but I don't feel like a necro as a poison..|||Yeah poison stuff was improved but the poison dagger was brought to close to the damage of the other poison spells. Previously, my old poison dagger spell would do some weird spell with blackbogs. I would use all SHORT duration poison sc's and lots of sources, and I could outright kill anything in the game in a heinous way. Few jabs killed a boss. (I built his gear up over years though, his double poison sc's and rare jewels were rediculous)

Then poison changed to a more simple system and that kinda died. I needed the synergies and I didnt have them much at level 95.

I also had a max skellie build with enormous +summons. I had like 110 skeletons. Yes, they were weak, but darn, they actually hurt. 100+ lil tikes in hell could actually kill. upper hell levels, no, didnt have them concentrated enough. However, I would kill anyone in pvp. yes I would. I would use my friend's teleport item for that at least(not game play). they would do full damage vs players and I would use just amp for pure joy. The mages actually did more damage at times so I would cast LR if it called for it.

it also would LAG the universe to a halt. I had to upgrade my cpu and ram for the build.........|||Quote:








Yeah poison stuff was improved but the poison dagger was brought to close to the damage of the other poison spells. Previously, my old poison dagger spell would do some weird spell with blackbogs. I would use all SHORT duration poison sc's and lots of sources, and I could outright kill anything in the game in a heinous way. Few jabs killed a boss. (I built his gear up over years though, his double poison sc's and rare jewels were rediculous)

Then poison changed to a more simple system and that kinda died. I needed the synergies and I didnt have them much at level 95.

I also had a max skellie build with enormous +summons. I had like 110 skeletons. Yes, they were weak, but darn, they actually hurt. 100+ lil tikes in hell could actually kill. upper hell levels, no, didnt have them concentrated enough. However, I would kill anyone in pvp. yes I would. I would use my friend's teleport item for that at least(not game play). they would do full damage vs players and I would use just amp for pure joy. The mages actually did more damage at times so I would cast LR if it called for it.

it also would LAG the universe to a halt. I had to upgrade my cpu and ram for the build.........




110? I thought you only got 1 pr. +skill, that'd then have required +90 all skills which is impossible, what level of RS was required for 110 skellies?

I've a hard time believing on the dueling part, even if you've 200 skellies doing full damage, I can't see them hitting very often against a good opponent, not to mention dealing enough damage to most others, not to mention many skills would easy seperate you from your minions and then you'd be an easy target.


Quote:








- Lets say like all in all in the simplest language; Necro is 'nerfed' for 20% and 'strenghtened' for 80%. And all in all he is NOT nerfed but rather strenghtened, as you can see my very improvised formula Here we can take the preferances in count also....




I disagree, I'd rather have a higher range of CE than strong skellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment