Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I think the WD is a trapper

and I love it. There is this one casual game I play thats sort of like a hybrid of tower defense and missile command. It has gunner turrets, missle turrets with better range but slower dmg and gold collectors which also destroy anything that runs into them. The game has a big cannon you can shoot to kill the ships that get close to destroying your turret factories or your main cannon but each shot costs money. The idea is to set a defense to hold off waves that eventually bog my pc down because of the sheer numbers without having them break thru. Assassin reminded me of this game sorta but not as much as WD does. Many seem to disagree but if the 5th class isn't a rogue with a fun looking melee build then WD will be my first pick. As an after thought, the game T(R)APT from tecmo for ps2 seems similar to the WD as well but I've never played it to compare.

Ok, before I get started, I have not seen video footage of all of these skills. I'll start with the spirit tree.. so far its a mana fix tree, spell dmg, and horrify to turn them back if they get past the traps so they will run over them again and again. The last skill of importance imo is spirit walk which keeps them from boxing you in which would be a last ditch skill if the mob got past the traps, killed the dogs and horrify failed.

Now the voodoo. skull of flame is the cannon to lob in missile command style at the ground before advancing enemies. toads are living mine traps, pit of fire, acid cloud and locusts swarm are lasting dot trap/aoe's for the dumb ai to run thru.

The zombie trees best features imo are the dogs and the wall. The wall would group mobs for dog explosion, skull of fire or soul harvest and hold them in the pit/cloud/locusts while doing additional dmg itself. I also ponder if 2 walls can be used at once to box them in.

I am very excited about a lateral thinking strategy based combat class.

No comments:

Post a Comment