Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I hate the WD ('s design) - Page 2

Last year it was too early to talk about his skills, but a year later nothing has changed and Witch Doctor seems weak and visually unimpressive. I am not seeing any 'BAM' skills for the witch doctor Not necessarily weak skills, but unimpressive skills. A single fireball, a few skinny toads, 3 puny spiders, small zombie dogs (they even nerfed their setting on fire / poison), locusts .... Maybe the skill runes will turn his skills into proper visual feasts and screen shakers and make you go 'YEAH', we will see. The witch doctor evokes explosions of fire and poisonous fumes, undead minions swarming the place, and some seriously twisted curses.|||That you Mantis for basically fightning my fights while I was away.

But, well, MM here and now ancalagon have said it all. Maybe it was too soon to judge the WD last year, but whole year has passed and no real improvement was seen in his design.

I will say again, there no way ALL of his Skills are Tier 1. We probably saw even some Tier 3 ones. And with nothing to compared to but the other chars- He's disappointing. You can say we haven't seen the last of him as much as you like, but we haven't seen much more than the Barb, Wiz and Monk and they certainly ARE more impressive.|||Honestly, it's too early to complain about how visually impressive the Witch Doctor's skills are. Blizzard has more or less said that the skills will be tweaked to be more vibrant and appealing -- I just don't think it's the area they're focused on right now. Rather, they are busy programming the gameplay. I'm sure better visuals will come later, toward the end of the game's development.

If you don't think the Witch Doctor's skills are cool enough, maybe he just isn't the character for you. I don't think he appears any weaker than the Necromncer did, and the Necromancer was badass.

Just to throw this out there, the Zombie Wall skill is really cool. Fire Wall hurts enemies when they touch it. Bone Wall blocks enemies. Zombie Wall does both, which equals domination.|||I agree with seanbcool that it's just too early to fairly judge the WD vs the barb or Wizard, because he obviously isn't as fully developed as the other two in terms of quantity of skills. The passing of a whole year doesn't matter much in this case, because we don't know a whole lot more about the WD than we did a year ago. I think we should wait until the WD is as far along as the other classes before we start judging him against them.

Am I the only who feels like Blizzard might be scratching their heads a bit as they work on the WD? The change from "Spider Statue" to "Corpse Spider" tells me that they're getting a better idea of who the WD is (but I just really hated the idea of "Spider Statue." He creates a big hunk of marble, and then spiders come out? "Corpse Spider" makes more sense, imo), but judging from how little we learned about him I get the feeling that work on him is slow because they don't really know what to do with him. Any one else?|||Quote:








Am I the only who feels like Blizzard might be scratching their heads a bit as they work on the WD?




No, I've mentioned it a few times as well. It seems to me that they really wanted to make something like the Necro, but didn't want the Necro. So they came up with a good concept and some spells after that they just ran out of steam. Not really knowing what to do next. I'm interested to see what direction they have taken with his skills.|||http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...es-and-stats1/

Why I am linking this? Because you can read the Barbarian only has 35 skills right now, down from 60 last year ...

If the WD follows suit, I'm really worried.|||Quote:








If the WD follows suit, I'm really worried.




What, you'll mean they'll cut the eleven down to six?|||I completely agree with the OP on this one. I had watched the extended monk gameplay trailer and every scene with all 4 characters the WD was quite unimpressive.

I'm not against the WD either, but they need to give him something other than that fire bomb skill.

It definitely seems like blizzard is having a difficult time coming up with skill ideas for this guy. Why not just show another summon (assuming he has some besides the mongrels). And i'm not talking about the toads or spiders, but an actual summon like the mongrels.|||I say they make the WD into an undead Yuna and have him/her summon Ifrit.

Seriously though, as I was reading the posts of the thread I was going to tell everyone to chill out but scratch that. I get that the game isn't even close to beta and that many, many things will be added/changed including WD skills and visuals but after a year all we get is a few more skills? I want 35 skills. I want 60 skills. Even passives! Just give me something to work with, you know?

I love zombie wall. I hate fire bomb. The spider skill would be epic if it summoned a horde of zombies that threw up spiders that then exploded on impact. That would be awesome.|||Quote:








The spider skill would be epic if it summoned a horde of zombies that threw up spiders that then exploded on impact




Insert Hydra rune (mutli-strike) here --> *spider skill*

Evidently from the information available to us now about the Witch Doctor's skills, said character is undergoing much tweaking and refinement, possibly showing up next year (or sooner, I pray) and hopefully blowing our rampant expectations sky-high. Regardless, I think it's safe to say we can rest assured ALL D3 characters are going to be badass; though I currently agree with the OP, I'm not worried at all.

Besides, Blizzard devs said so themselves, everytime a new character is created, it tends to one-up the previously created character in flashiness and all-around kickass(ness), forcing them to go back and rework those characters. I saw that trend somewhat when the Wizard was announced and now especially with the Monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment