Monday, April 16, 2012

Item Set Previews Male WD - Page 3

He he how did you know that

My new group has a very new gm so i should be fairly safe if i roll a wizard. More of a rogue or ranger player anyway.

As for the item sets they look like low level basic gear similar to boiled leather armor i would say. But then again i never seen a witch doctor with anything looking remotly like armor anyway so|||Is it just me that thinks this is a bit earlie or is it closer to release than we think it is ?|||Quote:








Is it just me that thinks this is a bit earlie or is it closer to release than we think it is ?




Just you I believe.

While everything is subject to change, this does not mean that nothing is complete until the months before release.|||All very interesting. For those that didn't catch the vid from this years gamercon. Jay Wilson said that 'set items are in design' then he kind of caught himself out mentioning problems but avoided specific details. Then went on to say that if the problems can't be resolved then set items just wont be in the game.

So, my question is. Is this what he meant by 'in-design' as in he was talking about the graphics side of set items. I had thought that mentioning problems meant mechanics and processes. There's still no confirmation. Set items don't scale well with patches from D2 experience, its hard to make the game harder with a patch without somehow updating everyone's rare set item collections. I thought that this is what Jay meant by 'problems'.|||Quote:








So, my question is. Is this what he meant by 'in-design' as in he was talking about the graphics side of set items.




It sounds like you missed Bashiok's latest post. He stated that it was misleading to call them sets, they're designed to look like sets though. He says it'll be like the way Diablo 2 handled it but I can't make a connection. I'm more reminded of WoW raids where you had the tier sets, then you had regular epics that looked like the sets but weren't a part of any set.

So to answer your question, I don't believe so. I believe they're still developing how sets will work mechanics wise and whatnot.|||I really hope this doesn't mean that mix and matching items from different "sets" will look like arse.

I would also kill for a helm toggle, but that is basically dreaming.|||Yeah, the terminology is a bit confusing there - set items/item sets could refer to either the green sets we know and love from D2, or simply pieces of equipment that just look uniform together and do not give any set bonus.

Since art is typically created before stats in the itemization process, I'm inclined to believe Jay was talking about the former (which is basically confirmed by Bashiok when he talked about the male barbarian's item set a month or so ago).|||Quote:








I really hope this doesn't mean that mix and matching items from different "sets" will look like arse.

I would also kill for a helm toggle, but that is basically dreaming.






this is what i was thinking too, on both accounts. of course as we know wow has a toggle helm option so D3 cant....but thats for another thread right?|||Quote:








this is what i was thinking too, on both accounts. of course as we know wow has a toggle helm option so D3 cant....but thats for another thread right?




hehe... Well, I'd love to have such an option on D3 (on any rpg, to be certain), but, considering that now helms are also part of the class design, it might not be so bad...|||Quote:








Yeah, the terminology is a bit confusing there - set items/item sets could refer to either the green sets we know and love from D2, or simply pieces of equipment that just look uniform together and do not give any set bonus.




Yeah these pics should be thought of as what a full suit of "hard leather" or what ever you want to call it.




Quote:








I really hope this doesn't mean that mix and matching items from different "sets" will look like arse.

I would also kill for a helm toggle, but that is basically dreaming.






I think each armor group (ie, hard leather, plate) will fit the character, hopefuly they won't clash to much.

And I really don't think they will have a helm toggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment