Thursday, April 12, 2012

What will you name your Witch Doctor/Why?

[:1]Name: Skulls

Reason: The song skulls by The Misfits, and the Witch Doctor has a lot of voodoo paraphernalia, most of them being shrunken heads and skulls. I love the aged-wilted physique, it makes the WD seem a lot more potent knowing an old man can summon the dead, and biblical-style plagues of locusts and toads.|||Ugonjwa, which means sickness (as in "plague") in Swahili. |||Quote:








Ugonjwa, which means sickness (as in "plague") in Swahili.




Heh. That's how I usually name my characters too. I use a word related to the character, but in a different language. Usually I use Old Norse, but an Old Norse word wouldn't fit a Witch Doctor. But Swahili is a very fitting language. I'll probably use a Swahili word too. Maybe Mzuka, (spirit), Mganga (doctor) or Mchawi (witch).|||Probably Dr. Feel Food if I can get my hands on the name. That M�tley Cr�e song fits the theme in both name and actual subject matter. I imagine a lot of people will be going for it. Either that or some other (in)famous doctor from history or literature.|||Yeah, I agree with Mantis on the Docs idea.

Probably Dr. Frankenstein (unroginal me ^^).|||House, just because the show on TV comes up when I think of the Witch Doctor.|||Witch Doctor: Neil Patrick Harris

Barbarian: Terry Tate

Wizard: Harry Houdini|||Doctor Horrible

Just because that was hilarious, and Demo's WD name sparked the idea.|||Quote:








Barbarian: Terry Tate




Awesome.

Naming your Barb after the Office Linebacker is a brilliant move. Kudos to you, sir.

May I ride your coattails and name my Barb Courtney Cate? I smell a collabo.|||Krenksla

It is the lithuanian translation of the name of a character in the Black Company series - an old man from the deep jungles.

No comments:

Post a Comment