Thursday, April 12, 2012

Zombie Wall: yes or no? - Page 2

[:1]Got a few ideas I thought I'd throw out there...

1. WD summons corpses that pile up one on top of another and zombies burst out of the "corpse pile", hurling themselves in the direction of enemies.

2. WD summons zombies and uses a corpse explode on a single zombie, sending the zombies in the group (already animated as "progressing forward"), hurdling towards the enemy.

3. WD summons a bone tower (necromancer-esque) with zombies at the top, who jump down to attack enemies below.

I completely agree with Flux... regardless of the final skill implementation, the zombies animation needs to be more menacing and animalistic... they should be products of fear, though I know the intent of certain rune socketing is for humor as well as practicality. Really I think none of us would really complain if we had the option to play it now as is or change it and wait...

Just ideas!|||the only thing about diablo3 I really don't like at the moment. It just looks silly and ineffective.|||I love the concept of using Zombies to block enemies but as others have said i think it needs some improvement in the animation and how it works. It would be nice if each Zombie explodes when a enemy walks near the wall to knock the enemy back.|||I think the zombie tower looks fun , but for use not really impressed me at all, they should improve it yeah.|||I just don't understand why anyone would want to use zombie tower over any other similar skill. What purpose does it serve in the arsenal? Short-ranged AoE? Isn't that pretty much what firebomb already is, and that looks cooler and dangerous and damaging.

When you read what Jay Wilson said about the care and attention to detail that go into creating signature skills, you can see that none of that really applied when they got to zombie tower.

My fear is that because the skill looks so lame, they'll have to 'balance' it against more visually impressive skills by making it do better damage.|||Except you might not have firebomb yet and only happen to have that spell. That's my take on why that player was using it in the b-roll video. There seems to be a lot of overlap with spells, but when you are leveling, you might not have an attack spell that hits everything in font of you type of thing, so modifying a spell you dont need or want (ie, WoZ), you then can make use of it. I mean, if you use Mongrels, then you shouldn't need WoZ for instance. I guess it depends not only on the build, but how you transition your build as you get more spells and more skill slots.

What worries me is that when they go through the refining process, they start taking that and others out... eventually resulting in loosing 1 or 2 runes per spell altogether.

I'd rather something silly than something that just gives a damage bonus or something, but that's me. I guess it comes down to what's useful versus what's not.|||Quote:








What worries me is that when they go through the refining process, they start taking that and others out... eventually resulting in loosing 1 or 2 runes per spell altogether.




losing your runes? they are swappable, so you dont lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment