Thursday, April 12, 2012

What will you name your Witch Doctor/Why? - Page 5

[:1]Possible Name Inspirations:

Bilashi - Swahili "For No Reason"

Reason: I have no reason...or do I?

Buibui - Swahili "Spiders"

Reason: I like the "zombie vomiting spiders" idea

Hala - Swahili "Halo round the moon"

Reason: Makes me think about the "Unformed Land" and the WD's "Ghost Trance"

Kwasi - Swahili "Sunday born"

Reason: Made me think of the Poem Solomon Grundy. Then I thought about the DC comic villain. Which makes me think about zombies. Zombies make me think about...



I will probably take the above names, come up with a list of possibilities. I want something that sounds kinda silly but has a deeper meaning.

Right now I am trying to find something like Kwahalabui, Kwhalbui, Khalabui...work in progress.

I want to put together Hala and Buibui together. Together it makes me think of the song Spiders by System of a Down (the only song I actually like of theirs). I might drop the Kwasi aspect...hmm...thoughts.|||Quote:








In Dutch this would mean hurtful or rude lettuce.




I don't understand languages where the same word can mean "hurtful" or "rude lettuce." I can kind of understand hanzi languages like Chinese/Japanese, where they're stuck with inefficient ideograms and therefore each of them has to mean like 15 things in different contexts. But a language comprised of Latin characters?

*troubled*

*inexplicably hungry for a salad*Latin|||Quote:








I don't understand languages where the same word can mean "hurtful" or "rude lettuce." I can kind of understand hanzi languages like Chinese/Japanese, where they're stuck with inefficient ideograms and therefore each of them has to mean like 15 things in different contexts. But a language comprised of Latin characters?

*troubled*

*inexplicably hungry for a salad*Latin




Hurtful = causing injury, detriment, or suffering.

Rude = offensive in manner or action.

Krenken = hurting someones feelings intent on causing them psychological discomfort.

Could be that my understanding of these two words is incorrect.|||Mbopa.

He's one of the main characters in "King Solomon's Mines" and most of all the name sounds cool.|||I will make a female WD and call her "Doctor Donna"|||Uggy Boogy =P|||Name:~ Dr. Vannacutt

Reason:~ After Dr. Richard Benjamin Vannacutt from House on huanted hill.

Name:~ Mengele

Reason:~ After Josef Mengele, a famous Nazi doctor.

Name:~ Hohenheim

Reason:~ Van Hohenheim was the farther of Ed Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist.

Name:~ Mumbo Jumbo, or just Mumbo.

Reason:~ Thought it would be a lighter note to name him after the Banjo-Kazooie Witch doctor.|||Shadenfreude - pleasure derived from the pain and misfortune of others.|||Rutten.

It's the name of my D2 necro. (rotten was taken of course)|||Dibalo Tree - it sounds like Diablo 3 but sounds very mystical as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment